Madness Combat 5.5 Madness Combat 5.5

Not up to your recent standard

But still better than 99% of action animations on Newgrounds!

I'm interested to see where this "plot" is going.

Lucky Day Forever-trailer Lucky Day Forever-trailer

Did exactly what a trailer *should* do.

I am now interested in what your final product will be and will definitely be checking it out when it's done. So yeah, effective trailer!

Also, the animation looks very good.

-M

SF2 gets tough on gamer SF2 gets tough on gamer

Not sure what this has to do with college but...

Liked the fourth-wall break, and I think this shows some potential.

Try expanding this concept more, you have something here.

Comparter Comparter

Needs a bit more

The gameplay has a value of about 60 seconds right now. Minimal work is necessary to increase the value to the 30-minute range, or even hours. So it's easy to salvage this one.

Here is my suggestion for improving the gameplay. Take it or leave it, but you get the idea.

Take the number of slots on the board, divide it by four, and you have a reasonable number of tile types. In this case, since you have 25 slots, the number of tile types should be 6, not 4.

I'd suggest increasing the number of slots, too, maybe 8-by-5 instead of 5-by-5, requiring 10 tile types.

Introduce more and more tile types as the game goes on, making the game harder and harder. Also, maybe add a minimum time between moves, so you can't just sit there and stare at the board.

Anyway, the art is good, the code seems to be running okay as far as I can tell, but you need to make it more challenging.

tharshan responds:

ok, thank you

Pandemic Pandemic

Fun but easy

The game was fun as a minigame but not particularly challenging. Be cool to rework this as a puzzle game, where you edit the "shape" of the virus so that it resembles certain innocent molecules as well the current options, plus better subdivision and the ability to react to vaccines, plus the possibility of poor countries not having a widely available vaccine... the list goes on. This would be much more accurate and more challenging. Harder to do, though.

It took me two times to through to realize the best strategy:

In the beginning, focus on contagiousness and durability. The first upgrade should be to uncheck human only.

Then, uncheck most of the lethality ones, but leave on fever and immune system. Leave it like that for a while, until you have a number of points greater than 50.

Then, uncheck every lethality one, leaving your virus completely harmless and invisible but highly contagious. Leave it like that until almost every continent is dead. Be sure to start this step BEFORE public transportation is shut down if you can, but if you can't no big deal.

As soon as all the areas besides west europe are highly infected (in fact, EVERYONE in all these areas should be infected but showing no symptoms) turn on fever again for a few turns. This should boost your score well into the triple digits. Then, turn it back off for a few more turns.

If you have West Europe infected at this point, you should turn on every symptom. If you don't, lie low until West Europe has at least 100 infected and THEN turn on every symptom.

After that, just keep clicking "go" until everyone is dead.

Menulis Menulis

So relaxing...

This is great for burning off stress. It's so soothing... please make more. My only complaint is that there is very little control over how the game progresses; it's very linear. I realize that hand-drawing it all means that it's harder to make a given amount of footage. I wouldn't mind if you did the art on a computer if that would make it easier to make more of it at a time.

But overall, brilliant job on this amazingly innovated game.

WS - It's Only Fair WS - It's Only Fair

Good homework music

Peaceful, good for blocking out distracting noise, without being distracting itself.

Drop Dead Drop Dead

What?

Seriously man, what on earth was that?

ShadowMan ShadowMan

Yet another example fo sheer genius

Can't wait for slogcorp to be up again soon!! Will by your CD when it comes out.

This is yet another example of how good a composer you are, the music just flows wonderfully from beginning to end. One complaint is that the drum loops stand out a little too much. Maybe if you slurred the drums and made them a little quieter, it would be even better. But otherwise it's great.